Bubba

Bubba

Thursday, June 12, 2014

First Week in Hermiston



  This place is Redneck! I saw a motorized bike and they had bullhorns tied on to the handle bars like how people put longhorns on there cars or trucks haha. 
  Elder Fluckinger wrote you guys a letter? I wonder how he got our address I dont think I ever gave it to him haha but thats cool. He is a really awesome guy. His wife converted when they got married. Then he went inactive a few years later and took him awhile to come back his wife always stayed active. But you would have never guessed that he was inactive at on point in his life. He is awesome.
  Yeah it was hard to say good bye to all the members in Kennewick! Some of them became like family. Especially the Boggs family. They were like another older Brother and Sister. We went to see them the night before we left. And they just talked with us about whatever. Brother Boggs shared a few scriptures that said keep going no matter how hard things get! He also lectured me on how i need to start school as soon as I get home. Because i told him that i was gonna wait till Janurary. But I think im gonna start in August. He said you mission is your mission right now. But when you get home education becomes your mission so that you can provide for your family. He is the one that got me interested in Construction management. Then Sister Boggs started crying when we left. I almost did haha.
  We cover 2 wards in Hermiston so Sundays are super long! Go to 2 ward councils 2 sacraments then sunday school in priesthood only in one ward since the wards over lap eachother. There a some farmers her and cowboys so thats good. My Ward Mission Leader is a chiropractor and will adjust missionaries for free! So thats gonna be good. Ive been having a lot of pain in my lower back.
The companion im with is a super hard worker and super focused. So we will accomplish alot this transfer. He just needs to relax sometimes. He is always about the letter of the law and not the spirit of the law. But I love him and so does everyone else. He is hilarious even when he isnt trying to be haha. 
Well thanks for everything that you guys do!
Love,
Elder Bubba Nelson


The Jacobs'

The Boggs'

No comments:

Post a Comment