Bubba

Bubba

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Preach My Gospel Advice

Dear Family and Friends,

I got the greatest email this morning from our YM Pres. in our Ward.  I was so touched and thought I'd share it with you all.

 Thank you all for your letters, love, faith and prayers in Bubba's behalf.  

We love you all!  


Marie,
I sent e-mails out awhile back requesting that each of the missionaries serving from our ward write a few sentences to the youth about how they feel about Lesson 1 of Preach My Gospel and to encourage them as we have our PMG night this Wednesday.  I received the most powerful expression of testimony that I have encountered in some time from Bubba.  I read his note in its entirety to the Priests and Laurels and two Teachers (Jed and Johnathon) who were gathered at my home to practice on Wednesday night.  His testimony has strengthened mine this week.  I suspect it will do the same for you. 
Mike  



What up Young Men and Young Women of the Gilbert 3rd Ward this is Elder Bubba Nelson.
I was asked to write a few sentences to you guys about the Preach My Gospel activity you guys are about to do.
     My word of Advice that I have are to be yourself you don't have to teach it the same that's in Preach my Gospel or how your friend teaches it. Use your personality to your own benifit people love when your being real with them and being your self and not a robot. Still teach the principles in PMG but use your own words in the way the Spirit directs
  Secondly Teach with power and authority the Message of the Restoration is the most powerful message you will ever teach. It is my favorite message to share with people. We received some training on how to teach it more simply we had to teach it in 10 min then 5, then 2. It was hard! They were just trying to help us understand how simple it can be. A 70 gave counsel to My Mission President to tell us to rush to the Restoration when we are talking with people. It will bring a Spiritual impression/feeling that they will never be able to deny.
   Lastly for those of you that were like me and don't really wanna go this activity I promise that it will help! If you take it seriously and put your effort into it you will receive just as much if not more than the people your are teaching will. Learn the Restoration and Love it!
 I bear Testimony that this Gospel is real! That Joseph Smith Truly did see Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! And that Jesus Christ did restore his Church on earth through Joseph Smith. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that it will bring you very close to your Savior as your read it and study it. I know President Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God and leads this Church as Christ would if he were personally here! Jesus Christ lives! In the name of Jesus Christ Amen!
Remember to be yourself!
Love,
Elder Bubba Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment