Bubba

Bubba

Sunday, April 5, 2015

March 31, 2015- Always Learning and Being Humbled


(Just to preface....our family has had a few significant challenges since Bubs has been out on his mission, including losing his Grandpa Hancock and recently his Uncle Luke, who he truly loved.  It's been hard on him, not to be here with family during these things.  Please keep him in your prayers!  He'll be home in 4 months!!  Yay!!!  Thanks for your continued love and support. - Marie)

So from all the stuff thats been happening I have been to weak to stand, so have to kneel....a lot!   Not the first time that's happened out here - ha.  Wish I would learn already so don't gotta get humbled so hard all of the time.  I watched a video this morning, "MIssionary Work and The Atonement".   It takes clips from one of Elder Eyrings conference address's during Easter and Some clips from one of Elder Hollands Address's to New Mission Presidents.  It's very powerful it might be online.  Elder Holland says to the Mission Presidents "Your missionaries might ask; Why is this so hard?  Why doesn't it go better?"  The same questions can be applied to life.   He answers "Because salvation is not a cheap experience, Salvation was never easy!  If it wasn't easy for Jesus Christ, then why could we think it would be easy for us?!  We will have to shed at least one of the the tears Christ shed, feel some of the pain he felt. It will only be a little but we will feel it..... he goes one to say, " I believe we will have to pay one token that Christ payed, it will only be a token, but I believe it has to be paid."  It doesn't do it justice through email, so you will have to try to find it online.
   
I thought to myself, I'm a sissy, I can't do anything but pray.  But I realized Jesus Christ did the same thing when He was in the Garden of Gethsemane.  He cried out to His Father for help. Obviously, he was going through more than any of us ever will.  But turning to our Heavenly Father doesn't mean we are weak, or a sissy, although we are weak with out him.   But the Power of Prayer is real!  I learn that over and over again!

  I hope all is going well and you are all doing good! I Love you all!

Love,
Elder Bubba Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment